Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals is closed.
The software development conference building IoT
will be held in Essen from March 2 to 4, 2020.
Again, the conference sheds a light on the full spectrum of topics connected to the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0,
focusing on the technical implementations
in an enterprise environment. It covers basics
and central aspects, while giving room to present the most important theories, tools and experiences
to tap the full potential of existing infrastructures.
Laura Stockinger @ building IoT 2019
The organisers of building IoT are heise Developer, the online channel for software development,
dpunkt.verlag, publisher of reference books for the professional computing scene, and iX, the magazine for professional information technology.
building IoT consists of two conference days and one workshop day. Until October 6, 2019 the organisers are looking for talks and workshops on the following topics:
Concepts and basics
- Fundamentals in hardware, electronics and IT for software developers
- Prototyping, modeling and architecture of IoT systems
- IoT and Big Data, handling of data streams and analysis thereof
- Testing complex IoT systems
- User interfaces, UX
- Machine Learning in the context of IoT
- IIoT and specific requirements
- Industry 4.0
- Smart Home
- Protocols and communication standards
- Programming languages, frameworks and libraries
- Sensors, actuators
- Edge and fog computing
- IoT platforms in the cloud
- Blockchain and Smart Contracts
- Security and Safety
- Potential weaknesses
- Secure data transfer and storage
- Data protection and privacy
- Managing and updating devices
- Distintive features of IoT compared to regular IT
- Experiences from current and completed projects that have implemented basic IoT approaches and related concepts (project organisation)
- Interaction and integration of different tools (presented in a context of their specific field of application and different scenarios)
- Best Pracices and Lessons Learned
Florian Raschbichler @ building IoT 2019
The organisers are looking for proposals for regular (45 minutes) and longer (75 minutes) talks. The trainings are scheduled for a duration of 7 hours (full-day workshops).
Deadline for all proposals (400 - 700 characters) is October 6, 2019. Additional material (longer version of the abstracts, slides,
Proposals etc.) to support your submission is welcome, too. The finalised programme will be available online by December.
For accepted speakers we'll book hotel rooms and cover your traveling expenses for or similar to a 2nd class train ticket.
The programme committee comprises of Thorsten Henkel (Fraunhofer SIT), Kai Kreuzer (Deutsche Telekom),
Diana Kupfer (codecentric), Dominik Obermaier (HiveMQ), Tim Weilkiens (oose), and Christian Winkler (Siemens) as well as Melanie Feldmann (dpunkt.verlag) and Rainald Menge-Sonnentag (heise Developer).
Should you have any questions regarding the conference or its programme, don't hesitate to contact